Friday, June 20, 2008

STAY STRONG :)

A Patient walked into the Optometrist's office the other day....
(this is a true story, not a set up for a joke)
with an aire of confidence and strong ability...I was working on her intake information health history, meds and so forth. AND she states " I BEAT SEVERE PANCREATITIS was in the hospital for months worked my rehabilitation and here I am. People think it is from drinking, no, I am not a drinker..."

That was a gift yesterday, that I chose to receive, be thankful and to pass it on. (she was also the picture of health).

THEN the afternoon came, a patient walked in again similar attitude...and states regarding her health," I am living proof you can beat any health issue if you chose not to carry a gold card" (disability medicaid)she has a very longlist of serious health issues, her tenacity is what keeps her looking marvelous and continues to work as an ER nurse..but a brain hemmorage and optic nerve damage is among the list. She has a healthy mind, spirit and the attitude to stay strong...

Of course, these two patients sound like you, Uncle Al, whom I know will be sharing his story with people who need to stay strong, healthy and hopeful.

Love, Sandy and Sean

No comments: