Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Note to Michelle

Dear Michelle,

My father (who was a surgeon) always told me the reason sick people are called patients is because it is their job to be "patient and wait till they are better". This also applies to their families - as you are very much aware.

It is certainly not selfish to be looking for more knowledge to help your Dad and your family to deal with all this. It also helps us cousins and please believe me when I tell you I check this blog 3 times a day for another word about our patient. All scraps and bits of information are most welcome; it's almost (almost) like being there.

I think it's time for me to step up the praying a notch by going to mass every day. It's a big sacrifice to haul this lazy body out of bed in the morning but I think Al's worth it.

Love to you, your Mom, Michael, Jeffrey and Andrew,
Cousin Camille

No comments: