Thursday, June 12, 2008

Filling up his glass!

Progress is progress, even if it's sooooo slow you almost can't see it. Patience is much easier to talk about than it is to live, don't you think?! What we need is some of my dad's trick photography. He's in bed - now he's out of bed!!

Well, he is certainly nowhere near out of bed, but he is taking those small behind the scenes steps to get there. Andy says he opened his eyes and was able to focus and looked like he was trying to comprehend what Andy was saying. More on that later. :)

Hassan, a doctor and our favorite cousin (sorry the rest of you - you should have gone to med school like your mother said. Don't feel too bad, all I have to offer is a library book with no fines attached), has been talking with dad's doctors and is feeling "moderately optimistic" about my dad's prognosis. I guess it doesn't sound like a resounding vote of confidence , but it is, and it's also a tiny bit further than where we were before. Progress, that's what that is. Hassan is impressed with all that the doctors are doing and is confident that dad is getting the best care possible. Can't ask for more than that.

So, my plan is to report a new baby step each day. Must remember to tell dad about this plan so I don't look like a liar. Cause if I do lie, I'm going to have to get the belt, not the skinny brown one either. Actually, most likely, I'd have to explain "why" I lied. Geez, I'd rather get the belt.
Which would hurt my dad more than it would hurt me, so let's not go there.

Thank you all for your lovely messages to myself, my dad and our family. It means so much to all of us. I promise to report each and every step for you.

More later, Michelle
xo

No comments: