Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

49 years today! Dad's gonna have to make up for missing this one...I'm sure he'll be happy to do so. We'll be taking my mom out tonight to celebrate many more to come!

The tracheotomy went well. The test showed no damage and the procedure for the trach happened this morning around 8 am. No fevers last night or today. All good.

Mike spoke to his primary today and I will try and paraphrase what the doctor said...

"I have worked in this hospital for long time and people here are working on and pulling for this guy like never before. He was eating pizza and watching a baseball game and now he's here? It's not right. We are doing everything we possibly can to get him the heck out of here. It's just a loooooong road."

Not new information but it's nice to hear.

So sit back, relax and send your encouragement and prayers knowing that everyone is doing everything they can to help my dad - including all of you. Thank you.

We'll toast my parents for you this evening with "Cent Anni"! (It means 100 years in Italian. It is most commonly used as a toast as if to say "may we have 100 years of life, love, health and happiness")

He has 27 left and he better get up and make the most of them!


Michelle and family xo

1 comment:

Al Porreca (Sonny) said...

Thank you so much for keeping us updated...I can't imagine the road you are on but you have been fantastic about keeping us updated so we don't bother you all with phone calls. Please give your mom a kiss for me, I worry about her very much. Please let me know if there is anything I can do..Much love and hugs Moe