Wednesday, September 17, 2008

He's home...

I haven't posted to the blog yet, not sure exactly why, but I was feeling today like I needed to say a few words. I was so blessed to have "Dad" come into my life when I found my true love, Michael. I remember the first time I met Dad. It was in the Black Baron house and I was meeting the family for the first time after dating Michael for a month or so. When we walked into the house, Michael and his parents greeted each other so warmly and Michael walked up to Dad and hugged him and kissed Dad right on the lips! At first I thought, "how strange". But within minutes I realized that his family was so warm and welcoming and they were definitely not afraid to show their affection toward each other. I knew from that day on that Michael was going to be a wonderful husband and father just by the way he interacted with his parents. Needless to say, Michael and I married and have 3 wonderful children that have also been lucky enough to have Dad/Grandpop in their lives. He was so caring, kind, funny, thoughtful, and kept us all on the right track. I was so fortunate to have Dad in my life for these past 17 years. He was truly like a father to me!

I think that Dad was the kind of person that was at "home" wherever his friends and family were. It didn't matter if he was travelling to Italy, Florida, or within the state of New Jersey. Home was where he gathered with those that he loved. So I know that now he's in a new kind of "home" where I am sure he has already found his parents, Mom Mom, and all that he loved that paved the way before him. I know that we'll all miss him so much, but we will see him again and he'll be the first to welcome us "home". I can see him smiling!

I love you Dad! Lauri

No comments: