Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpop!

We already called to sing you happy birthday but here it is one more time...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR GRANDPOPPP
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUU!!!

And here is a story that should cheer you up a little bit....

At school I'm in a program called Teen Pep which is a group of juniors (I know, can you believe I'm a JUNIOR!?) and we go around to freshman classes to do out reaches & teach them about peer pressure and sex education and prevention. Anyway, on Thursday and Friday we all went to stay at the Holiday Inn for a retreat for bonding time and to get to know each other better and learn what was yet to come in our program. One of the activities that we did was we all sat in a circle with candles in the middle and one person would pick up a card, read the question on the card, and it would be passed around in the circle so everyone had a chance to answer it. The fourth question we got was "Who is your hero?". When I first heard the question I already knew exactly who it would be. By the time the card was in my hand I had tears in my eyes because I knew exactly what I wanted to tell them. I told them "My grandpop is my hero - no question about it. He has always been there for me and he's the smartest man I know. Since I was little I have noticed that he always has something to teach other people - especially teaching his grandkids the new magic tricks he learned." Then I continued to tell them that you are in the hospital but I know you're going to get through this because I know how strong you are :)

oops, that was pretty long...but hopefully it made you smile! :)

I love you more Grandpop - keep pushing through because we all know you can do it!
~Danielleeeee

No comments: