Thursday, August 21, 2008

Procedure this morning

Hi, all,

Dad was having some chest pains yesterday so they are going to do a cardiac catheterization this morning at 7 am just to rule out a blockage in his arteries. I anticipate they will not find a blockage. The meds could be causing some swelling of the membrane around his heart which could be what is causing the pressure and pain.

So, hopefully, no blockage will be good news to dad and his spirits will be better today. He is very tired, understandably so.

Andy stayed with dad last night and my dad was very happy to have him there. If you need an optimist - call Andy! (Don't call me, my nickname is is alarm-y) Andy has cheered us on through all of this and last night was no different. He and Amy are both very special and we are blessed by them both.

This has been hard on everyone, all of you included, but no one more so than dad. Well, my mom's way up there, too. Please pray for some relief for him and a big giant step forward in his recovery process.

I will post from his room as soon as we get results.

Love, Michelle

No comments: