Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Friday it is....

Surgery is now early afternoon Friday. He will be stronger by then and we will get to kick off our Labor Day Weekend with a good-bye gall bladder party. I've never hosted a gall bladder party, but one thing my family knows how to do is party, so I'm sure we'll figure it out! Good riddance, GB.

They postponed surgery due to a low platelet count. The hematologist feels they are low due to one of his antibiotics, so they have taken him off and hope to see the numbers rise on their own. Better to have his own platelets than someone else's, they say. Makes sense to me.

Dad had a quiet day. He was tired and slept most of the day. He was talking in his sleep and having some lovely dreams based on what we heard - he was enjoying a cold drink, eating fudge and taking pictures of us. I'm glad he was dreaming of things he likes to do! He'll be back to them soon enough.

He got a new fancy bed to help relieve some pressure on his back sores, we hope it helps.

At the end of the day he had a visit from Brian and Josh, which I'm sure he enjoyed! I know it cheered my mom up as well. Thanks, guys :)

Make platelets, Dad, but just as importantly, enjoy your sweet dreams!

Love you lots, Michelle

No comments: