Wednesday, August 27, 2008

He's a platelet maker!

Platelets climbed from 40,000 to 66,000. I've seen him make a lot of things, but this is a first!

He was moved from ICU to a regular room, which means he is stable (or they needed his bed!) Probably a little of both, but they would not have moved him if it was a risk, so we are fine with this. Mom is there with him now and she says he looks good to her. I'll bet!!

Surgery still on for Friday. We are all feeling strong, Dad included. Your prayers have no doubt helped us with that. Again, many thanks to all of you.

Please keep praying for peace of mind, strong bodies and a smooth road until Friday.

Cheers! Michelle

PS Some of you have asked me if my dad is "his old self". I'll let you decide based on an exchange between he and his nurse yesterday:

Dad: Resting comfortably, tucked nicely under his covers.

Nurse: "Al, I'd like to turn you, ok?"

Dad: "No"

Nurse: "Come on, Al"

Dad: "No, I'm comfortable just like this"

Nurse: "Al, I don't want to see your bed sores get any worse"

Dad: "Then close your eyes"

What do you think? :)

No comments: