Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday update

I wish I had more to report, but Dad is just doing his thing one day at a time. This is a slow process.

What I do know is that his surgical wound is healing nicely. He continues to work on his swallowing exercises and will be taking the swallow test this week. The occupational therapist gave him some silly putty to work his hands and fingers and I heard he has been sitting up on the side of the bed - a little.

Thankfully, Michael is still on top of all of this and making sure he Dad is getting the best possible care and attention.

I'll be sure and report any changes, big or small. Patience is still the name of this game so here is a quote for my dad....

“Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in one ahead.”
~Bill McGlashen

Peace, Michelle

No comments: