Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Magic Michael....

Dad is in Willingboro at the new facility! The nurses gave him a huge heartfelt send-off. They are happy to see him moving on. Speaking of heroes - they are at the top of the list. They took great care of my dad. All had an area(s) of expertise and together they got him where he is - on his way home! There will be a party back at Virtua when my dad can walk back in on his own and they can get a real look at the man we know and love dearly.

Cousin Maureen sent the last post to my dad. It was short and sweet and packed with emotion. I know she was really worried about him and kept him going with her prayers and love and we love her for it. I know all of you felt the same way about Dad's illness. It was scary and we tried our best to stay upbeat and confident but he had some serious odds to beat and the doctors always made sure we were aware of that. They did not make it pleasant, however, they did keep him alive so we forgive them!

You all helped us tremendously. Many of you said just the right thing at the right time. Just knowing how much you love him was a blessing. So, thank you from all of us. Dad will thank you himself when he sees you :)

Back to heroes. I was just the messenger and tried to keep it light for my own sake as well as yours. Many times the blog was better than the reality. I like to think it was the lighter side of the actual news. Sometimes I just wanted to stay home and get all my news from the blog :) It was cathartic for me, but I can't claim hero status. But I know who can....

My brothers, my sister-in-laws, my kids, my husband, my mom, my dad.....they are my heroes and I can't even begin to do them justice, but I'll try over the next few weeks. Tonight's blog is devoted to Michael.
Magic Michael...
He truly had the weight of all of this on his shoulders. The boss man. He made all the decisions. Talked to all the doctors, called all the shots. Had to deliver all the news - mostly bad and he managed to spin it all. He was there day and night. He fought just as hard as my dad and deserves a serious round of applause. Did I mention he's a great guy, too? He just knows my dad healed himself - mind over matter. I can see him whispering it in dad's ear. He did have some help from great friends - Todd, Hassan, the doctors. I repeat, he truly had the weight of all of this on his shoulders. On that note, I wrote a song for my him and my family - surprised? It's not totally original so you should know the melody. Feel free to sing along - I think it's time.

Michael rowed the boat ashore........Al - lelluia!
Michael rowed the boat ashore.......Al-le-lu - u - ia !

Lauri kept his boat afloat........Al - lelluia!
Lauri kept us all afloat .......Al-le-lu - u - ia !

Jeffrey helped to row the boat .....Al- lelluia!
Actually, Jeffrey bought a boat....Al- le-lu - u - ia!

Dad can't wait to take a ride.... Al- lelluia!
Mom will be there by his side - Al- le-lu - u - ia!

Andy helped to row the boat ... Al- lelluia!
Andy finally got engaged......Al-le-lu - u - ia !

Amy helped to float his boat.... Al- lelluia!
Amy agreed to marry him....Al-le-lu - u - ia !

Bob, Danielle and Bobby helped to row the boat ... Al- lelluia!
Bob, Danielle and Bobby kept my spirits afloat....Al-le-lu - u - ia!

Christian, Carly and Allie helped to row the boat ... Al- lelluia!
They danced and played and gave us hope ....Al-le-lu - u - ia!

You all helped to row the boat ... Al- lelluia!
There are too many to name ...Al-lelu - u - ia!

Michael rowed the boat ashore... Al- lelluia!
Michael rowed the boat ashore ...Al-lelu - u - ia!

My mom helped to row the boat ... Al- lelluia!
My mom kept my dad afloat....Al-lelu - u - ia!

Actually, my mom and dad built the boat - "Al and Lee -ee Yeah!"
Actually, my mom and dad built the boat - "Al and Lee -ee Yeah!"

More songs at the party....
Write your own - I'll sing with you!!

Cheers. I'll post tomorrow after I visit.

Love you,
Michelle

No comments: