Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday - the good news...

He isn't any worse! Halleluiah! We will focus on that today as there was really no forward progress. Actually, a step back as far as communication which was disappointing but apparently to be expected. I think we are going to have to set our expectations a tad lower if we are to keep our own spirits up. I'd rather live in gratitude so I'm going back to being happy the ventilator tube is out and that he is infection free.

My mom is holding up well. Like all of us, I think she was hoping for a smile by today but he definitely looked in her eyes and was trying to say something. Maybe he heard her say he still has to make the bed. She's not giving in to his demands so easily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart is aching for the O.A. and I have been praying daily for a speedy recovery.

Lee, "What is this nonsense about Al making his own bed?"