Monday, April 28, 2008

All Good News!

Who knew I would ever be "excited" that my dad was breathing on his own! I like when he just does it and I don't have to think about it :) However, under the circumstances, very happy today!

The news has all ben positive for the past few? days. All of his numbers are getting closer to where they need to be and no infection. This is what we hope for.

We are so happy with doctor and nurse care. Here is "actual dialog" from Dr Todd, Mike's neighbor who has been an invaluable resource.

Mike,
Do you know your Dad was extubated earlier today! He still is fairly out of it according to his nurse, but his blood gas breathing on his own was good. They removed the PICC line in his upper arm, and his fever has gone down. They also stopped some of the antibiotics. His creatinine is 2.0 continuing its normalization trend. Many solid steps forward. His confusion is likely to improve as he cleans up his blood more. Hopefully they can try to keep from sedating him, family there to keep talking to him may help with that.
All good news. I am happy and look for more improvement. I know you're happier than me.
Todd

See, I wasn't making it up.

Thanks for all the support and good wishes!

If you want to post - click on sign in on top right corner and use the username and password
I sent out - email me if you need it mreasso@yahoo.com
After you sign in, click on new post and publish away!

Cheers!

Michelle

No comments: